TASTY ‘TOMATO’ SOUP
Prep time: 35 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (less for to mellow out pepper taste)
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped (more for enhance tomato taste)
- 2 cups stock (more for thinner soup)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- other: basil or oregano or other spices/herbs
- 1 avocado, skin removed & pitted
- Heat oil in pot on medium heat
- Add onion, garlic & red pepper – saute a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes & saute a few more minutes
- Pour in stock.
- Bring to boil, let simmer 10 min.
- Add salt, pepper & cayenne (or other herbs/spices)
- Take off heat, and blend all, adding avocado as blend.
- (Add more water/stock or tomatoes until desired consistency)
I really enjoy this recipe with fresh basil blended in, or the soup topped with pesto.
I also like to make this recipe RAW. I omit the olive oil & onions, and put all other ingredients into the blender.
Cozy Carrot Ginger Soup
Time: 25 min
- 7 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 cups water
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled cut into a few pieces
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place carrots, water & ginger in pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & let simmer until carrots are soft
- Put all (or just scoop out carrot & ginger chunks) into blender.
- Mix to desired consistency (I like mine a little chunky).
- Place back in pot.
- Season with salt & pepper.