“mmmm…better than potato chips”
Time: 20 minutes (including cooking time)
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt for Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350F.
1) de-stem a bunch of kale (with knife or hands)
2) rip into bite-size pieces
3) using your hands massage some oil onto the leaves
(just lightly covering them)
4) place on lightly greased baking sheet or (parchment paper)
in a single layer (do not overlap the leaves)
5) sprinkle with sea salt
6) cook for 10 -15 minutes (watch so that they get crispy, but not burned)
(store in air tight container)
Feeling Nutty Around the Holidays?
Here’s an easy gift idea, or healthy snack to bring to a party. Nuts & seeds are a great vegan source of protein. They have healthy fats, fiber & antioxidants… which all adds up to steady energy, clear skin, silky hair, and a healthy heart. Studies show people who regularly eat nuts/seeds have lower risk for cardiovascular disease.
Ingredients: (only 5!)
* 2 c. nuts/seeds ( whatever you like)
* 1+ Tbs olive oil
* 1/4 c. REAL maple syrup
* 1 tsp sea salt
* optional: cinnamon to taste (try other spices for a more savory snack)
Preheat oven to 350.
1) In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
2) Spread mixture onto baking sheet.
3) Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Let cool.
ENJOY! or package in a jar w/ribbon for a sweet gift.